Mixed Billing Medical Practice Tuggeranong
Bookings can be made online here, on the HotDoc app or via our friendly reception staff on 02 6100 9956.
If you are a new patient could you please arrive 15-20 mins early to complete paperwork.
Bookings for any vaccines or immunisations must be made by calling our reception staff, as appointments are required for both the doctor and nurse.
Appointments can also be made by calling our friendly reception staff on 02 6100 9956.
Please note that reception takes phone bookings from 7:00am Monday to Friday.
• Greenway Medical Centre operates an appointment system. A standard appointment is usually adequate to deal with most health issues. If you are making an appointment for an insurance or employment medical, procedure or complex/ multiple medical problems, please book a longer appointment.
• Please ensure a separate appointment is made for each family member.
• Appointments are made at 10 minute intervals so you can normally expect to spend that long with your doctor.
• An Online Appointments facility is now available through our website or on Health Engine www.greenwaymedicalcentre.com.au OR www.healthengine.com.au
Same Day Policy
• Appointment slots are held aside each day for same day urgent reviews.
*Please note from time to time there are emergencies, and on rare occasions this policy may not apply.
Reminder System and No-Show Policy
• We know it can be difficult sometimes to remember appointments. Our patients are reminded to attend appointments by SMS within 24 hours prior to appointment time. If you are unable to attend your appointment we do require two hours notice, otherwise you may incur a fee.
• No one likes to be kept waiting. Our staff respect this and try to adhere to appointment times. The unpredictable nature of a medical practice means that consultations sometimes last longer than anticipated. We sincerely regret any inconvenience caused to patients when we are behind schedule.
• Please feel free to phone our surgery to check whether your appointment will be on time.
• Reception will also try to phone you advising of any delay.
• If you require any assistance, please consult our friendly staff.
Mixed Billing Fees Now Apply to ALL CONSULTATIONS.
A gap fee (out-of-pocket fee) of $25 applies for standard consultations, and $50 for long consults.
Bulk billing is available for concession card holders and children 15 years and under (at doctor’s discretion) from 9 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday only.
Please note that there is No Bulk Billing on Public Holidays and Weekends at Greenway Medical Centre.
• In order to monitor your health and fulfil our ethical and legal responsibilities, we require that you attend your doctor (or if your usual doctor is not available, one of the other doctors) in order to receive further prescriptions for your medications.
• A certificate may only be issued after an examination by a doctor, so please make an appointment for this. Please note that medical certificates cannot be backdated legally .
• It is the policy of this practice to have all patients return for a consultation for their results if the doctor has requested. In certain circumstances the nurse will be authorised to give results over the phone.
Telephoning Your Doctor And Email Access
• We believe almost all problems are best dealt with within the consultation. However, if you need to contact the doctor urgently, please call reception for advice. Although doctors will try to call you back, it is not always possible due to time limitations. In case of a clinical emergency, please call the ambulance and go to the emergency department directly.
Our staff will respond to your emails where possible, yet as all incoming emails are filtered through our firewall, your email may not reach the intended recipient. Please take care of sharing any of your confidential information. Please take care of sharing any of your confidential information.
• Patients are encouraged to take advantage of free vaccines made available by the Federal and State Governments.Please ask our nursing staff or your doctor for further details.
• For those planning travel overseas, we require you to visit your GP.
After Hours Care
• Please remember: – If you have a medical emergency telephone ‘000’ for immediate care.
• Greenway Medical Centre contract a medical deputising service for after-hours medical care: National Home Doctors 13SICK (13 74 25)
• The after-hours deputising service offers home visits after hours which are classified as:
Monday – Friday: From 9.00pm to 7am | Saturday and Sunday: 7am- 3pm
Please note we are a non-smoking premises
• Whatever your preferred language, we can help you organise an interpreter to assist with any language barriers. We also arrange interpreters through NABS, National Auslan Interpreter Service, for our deaf patients.
• NABS National Auslan Website
• Greenway Medical Centre uses the Telephone InterpreterService 1300 131 450 when required. We can organize an“over the phone” service or with 48 hours’ notice an “on-site”service. Telephone Interpreting Services website.
Management Of Your Files
• Your medical information is confidential; however Greenway Medical Centre often forwards certain medical information to other medical organisations such as the Immunisation Register. This is a normal practice and is only for the benefit of the patient. Information at Greenway Medical Centre is handled according to the present Privacy Act.
Gaining Regular Patient Feedback
• We appreciate patient feedback. Please speak to our reception staff and ask for a feedback/suggestion form.
• Home visits are not offered through Greenway Medical Centre. Please contact our locum agency NHDS on 13SICK(137425)
We genuinely wish to hear from you. From time to time this practice invites patients to complete questionnaires on their views of the practice and how it could be improved. These surveys are completely confidential and help us to improve our services. We believe that problems are best dealt with through the practice. Indeed, we want to know if you are concerned about any aspect of our service. However, if you feel there is a problem you may wish to take outside, you may prefer to contact the Practice Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or or Australian Human Rights Commission on (02) 9284 9600 or online at www.humanrights.gov.au/complaints/make-complaint.