Bulk Billing GP Bookings in Tuggeranong
Bookings can be made online here, on the HotDoc app or via our friendly reception staff on 02 6100 9956.
Appointments can also be made by calling our friendly reception staff on 02 6100 9956.
• Greenway Medical Centre operates an appointment and walk in system. A standard appointment is usually adequate to deal with most health issues. If you are making an appointment for an insurance or employment medical, procedure or complex/ multiple medical problems, please book a longer appointment.
• Please ensure a separate appointment is made for each family member.
• Appointments are made at 10-15 minute intervals so you can normally expect to spend that long with your doctor.
• Appointment slots are held aside each day for same day urgent reviews, walk-ins or sick children.
• An Online Appointments facility is now available through our website or on Health Engine www.greenwaymedicalcentre.com.au OR www.healthengine.com.au
Same Day Policy
• If you or someone you know is unwell enough to call us, we know you’ll want to see a doctor right away. That’s why we have a same day policy (or next available appointment *note below). The appointment may not be with your usual doctor, and a wider variety of available times will be disclosed dependent on the time of day we are first notified of your desire to book an appointment, but we always do our best to accommodate your unique needs. *Please note from time to time there are emergencies, and on rare occasions this policy may not apply.
Reminder System and No-Show Policy
• We know it can be difficult sometimes to remember appointments. Our patients are reminded to attend appointments by SMS or phone call within 24 hours prior to appointment time. If you are unable to attend appointment, please cancel as soon as possible
• If you do not attend your appointment after three attempts, you will need to attend the surgery physically and make an appointment.
• No one likes to be kept waiting. Our staff respect this and try to adhere to appointment times. The unpredictable nature of a medical practice means that consultations sometimes last longer than anticipated. We sincerely regret any inconvenience caused to patients when we are behind schedule.
• Please feel free to phone our surgery to check whether your appointment will be on time.
• Reception will also try to phone you advising of any delay.
• If you require any assistance, please consult our friendly staff.
• In order to monitor your health and fulfill our ethical and legal responsibilities, we require that you attend your doctor (or if your usual doctor is not available, one of the other doctors) in order to receive further prescriptions for your medications.
• A certificate may only be issued after an examination by a doctor, so please make an appointment for this.
• It is the policy of this practice to have all patients return for a consultation for their results. In certain circumstances the nurse will be authorised to give results over the phone.
Telephoning Your Doctor And Email Access
• We believe almost all problems are best dealt within the consultation. However, you can contact the doctors during surgery opening hours. The receptionist will take a message if the Doctor is in consultations. In the emergency, your call will be put through. Please keep your call brief. Our emails are not encrypted. Please take care of sharing any of your confidential information.
• All consultations will be bulk billed at Greenway Medical Centre if you have a VALID Medicare Card.
• Patients without Medicare will be charged between $50 – $150
• Workers compensation accounts will be billed to WorkSafe ACT or your employer, however, should liability not be accepted for the injury then the account will be your responsibility. Please ensure that you have your claim number available.
• Please note that the reception staff can help you claim yourMedicare.
• Certain procedures may have an out of pocket expense. Your doctor will advise you if there is any out of pocket expense.
• Medical examination for driving licence and other medicals are not bulk billed and will attract private fees based on the time taken and complexity of examination . Please enquire before booking an appointment.
• Patients are encouraged to take advantage of free vaccines made available by the Federal and State Governments.Please ask our nursing staff or your doctor for further details.
• For those planning travel overseas, we require you to visit your GP.
After Hours Care
• Please remember: – If you have a medical emergency telephone ‘000’ for immediate care.
• Greenway Medical Centre contract a medical deputising service for after-hours medical care: National Home Doctors 13SICK (13 74 25)
• The after-hours deputising service offers home visits after hours which are classified as:
Monday – Friday: From 9.00pm to 7am | Saturday and Sunday: 7am- 3pm
• Whatever your preferred language, we can help you organise an interpreter to assist with any language barriers. We also arrange interpreters through NABS, National Auslan Interpreter Service, for our deaf patients.
• NABS National Auslan Website
• Greenway Medical Centre uses the Telephone InterpreterService 1300 131 450 when required. We can organize an“over the phone” service or with 48 hours’ notice an “on-site”service. Telephone Interpreting Services website.
Management Of Your Files
• Your medical information is confidential; however Greenway Medical Centre often forwards certain medical information to other medical organisations such as the Immunisation Register. This is a normal practice and is only for the benefit of the patient. Information at Greenway Medical Centre is handled according to the present Privacy Act. Should you require further details, please speak to the Practice Manager.
• Please note referrals cannot be back dated for legal purposes
Gaining Regular Patient Feedback
• We appreciate patient feedback. Please speak to your receptionist and/or place your comments in our special Suggestion Box.
• Home visits are not offered through Greenway Medical Centre. Please contact our locum agency on 13SICK
We genuinely wish to hear from you. From time to time this practice invites patients to complete questionnaires on their views of the practice and how it could be improved. These surveys are completely confidential and help us to improve our services. We believe that problems are best dealt with through the practice. Indeed, we want to know if you are concerned about any aspect of our service. However, if you feel there is a problem you may wish to take outside, you may prefer to contact the Practice Manager Ms Nicky Jardine email@example.com